Cats Are Better Than Dogs
Down the ages, there have been much debate as to the relative merits of dogs and cats as pets concerning which of them make better pets. Various arguments have been put forward by both dog lovers and cat lovers. Several research works have gone into determining the actual facts as regards this debate. To be fair, each of the pet type has its relative merits and de-merits. However, for the unbiased, there is undeniable evidence that cats are in fact better than dogs as pets.
Reasons why Cats are better than Dogs
- Athleticism: That cats are more athletic than dogs is true and undeniable. Cats are more agile and acrobatic with a greater sense of balance and body co-ordination. It is usually more difficult to get cats to dance than dogs but on the uncommon occasions when they are persuaded to dance they are far more graceful dancers than dogs. This is a fact and not an opinion.
- Bravery and Good Problem Solving Skills: Cats are braver than dogs and are better problem solvers, making use of their lateral thinking skills to solve complex problems that are too difficult for dogs. A good example is the toy mouse beyond the door problem. The concept of door is beyond what a dog can conceive of. Cats have been noted for helping the helpless. Dogs on the other hand are more selfish.
- Loyalty: Cats exhibit greater loyalty than dogs. They will stay with you throughout your life time and will change with you as you change over the years. A dog on the other hand has no qualms in leaving its owner for a more promising life elsewhere. Cats actually look better than dogs in selfies.
- Hygiene: Cats are more hygienic and polite than dogs. A cat will not defecate in public places and will rather use a litter box. They will not lick your face in order to gain your attention but will rather wait patiently and politely. Dogs on the other hand, poop in public and have no qualms licking your face and pouring saliva all over you. Dogs mostly have to be cleaned up by their owners whereas cats groom themselves. Dogs are rather lousy because they are noisy whereas cats are silent and dignified.
- Better Behaved: Cats are better behaved and more easily controlled than dogs. Unlike dogs, cats do not chew and destroy things like household furniture. A cat will not maul your guests unlike dogs who are regularly prone to such uncivil behaviour.